Number 1: Exhibit Your Work at Conference
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to showcase your work at the Vancouver Convention Centre. The AIBC’s Intern Architect Committee is seeking submissions for consideration in Interpreting Integration: An Exhibit.
Entry is open to Intern Architects AIBC and architecture students in B.C.
- No fee submission (yes, it’s free!) and the AIBC will print display boards for successful submissions
- Showcase your work to architects and the public at the 2017 AIBC Annual Conference and in the Architecture Centre Gallery
The submission deadline is Friday, March 31, 2017 by 5 p.m. (PST)
Number 2: Take Advantage of the Intern Architect Registration Package: Free Networking Events, Keynote, Movie Night and More!
The AIBC supports Intern Architects who want to attend conference. This easy-on-the-pocket package includes:
- Monday May 8, 5 – 7 p.m. INT5GRATE Multimedia Experience opening reception
- Monday May 8, 7 – 9 p.m. Keynote
- Tuesday May 9, 5 – 6 p.m. Connect 360, with Feast: a local food & drink pairing event
- Tuesday May 9, 6 – 7 p.m. ExAC Info Session
- Tuesday May 9, 7 – 9 p.m. Movie Night
Why attend the conference:
- Meet experienced professionals working in the industry
- Get eight hours of conference value for zero dollars
- Tasty West Coast eats and craft beer!
Number 3: Learn About Mentoring at Connect 360
Don’t miss out on this structured yet casual networking session where Intern Architects are introduced to prospective mentors. The Intern Architect Committee is delighted to coordinate this opportunity.
Why register for Connect 360:
- Learn about the mentoring requirements for the Intern Architect Program
- Meet prospective mentors, practicing architects, firm owners and industry stakeholders in one convenient place
Please note this portion of the annual conference is not eligible for Learning Units as per section 3.1.3 of Bulletin 80: Mandatory Continuing Education System (CES) Rules and Guidelines (PDF)
Number 4: Get Up to Speed at the ExAC Info Session
Hosted by the AIBC’s Registration & Licensing department, set yourself up for success with a head start on understanding the Examination for Architects in Canada (ExAC) eligibility requirements and general exam information. The AIBC is pleased to present this session in conjunction with the annual conference for a second year in a row.
Why attend the info session:
- Get important information to prepare for the ExAC
- Speak with the AIBC’s Admissions Coordinator in person and get questions answered
Please visit the 2017 Annual Conference website for more information about opportunities.