Nominations are now being accepted for the 2018/19 AIBC Council. This is your opportunity to help shape the work of the body responsible for regulating the profession of architecture in B.C. on behalf of the public.
Please download the 2018/19 Council Election Nominee Information Package. The package contains all the relevant forms, instructions on how to complete a submission, and the Ideal Candidate Nominee Description & Election Process Guide. Prospective candidates are requested to review the package carefully as there are several changes this year.
Completed submissions must be received by the AIBC time stamped before 4 p.m. on Monday, March 12, 2018.
The Role of the Nominations Review Committee
As mentioned in previous communication, the Nominations Review Committee will review candidate submissions to determine whether they align with the attributes and competencies sought for the 2018/19 council. As part of the evaluation process, the Nominations Review Committee will set up interviews with each candidate.
Attributes sought by council candidates every year as well as specific competencies sought for in 2018/19 are outlined in the Nominee Information Package. Members who are considering putting their name forward are encouraged to highlight their regulatory experience, as well as competency in governance, finance, strategic thinking, and other relevant areas.
It is important to note that all eligible candidates will be put forward to the membership for election to council, with those meeting the requirements identified as “endorsed” by the Nominations Review Committee. The ultimate decision on who is elected to council remains with the AIBC’s voting members and honorary members.
For a complete description of the Nominations Review Committee mandate and specific assignments, refer to the Committee Terms of Reference (PDF).
Read the Ideal Candidate Nominee Description & Election Process Guide (found in the Council Election Nominee Information Package).
- February 19 to March 12 at 4 p.m. – Call for Council Member Nominations.
- March 16, 21 – Governance Workshop for nominees; attendance is highly encouraged.
- March 22 and 26 – Nominee interviews with the Nominations Review Committee.
- April 11 – Nominations Review Committee review completed. The names of all nominees are announced and nomination packages (including statement forms) are posted online. Nominees endorsed by the Nominations Review Committee will be noted accordingly.
- April 16 to May 7 at 12 p.m. – Council election E-voting period; Notification sent to eligible voters on April 16.
- May 7 – Election results announced at the Annual Meeting.
Annual Meeting Information and Registration
Date: Monday, May 7, 2018. The meeting will be held during the 2018 Annual Conference.
Time: 3–5 p.m.
Location: Vancouver Convention Centre West, Room 301-305
AIBC Learning Units (LUs): 2 Non-Core
Register Online by May 4