“Council Rules” cover procedural matters such as council’s own meetings. In addition, there are rules, authorized by bylaws, such as those for the AIBC’s Continuing Education System compliance.
- Council Rules 1: Council Meetings (PDF)
- Council Rules 2: Electronic Voting and Council Meetings (PDF)
- Council Rules 3: Electronic Voting for Bylaw Amendments (PDF)
- Council Rules 4: Electronic Voting and Council Elections (PDF)
- Council Rules 5: Continuing Education System (PDF)
- Council Rules 6: Designation and Admission Qualifications for Associates (PDF)
“Council Rulings” are found only in the AIBC’s Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct. They clarify and reinforce the bylaws in the Code of Ethics that establish the standards and principles relating to competency, professional conduct and ethics in the profession of architecture.
Proposed Council Rules and Rulings
From time to time, council rules and council rulings are introduced or revised. AIBC Council policy requires a 30-day notification to members and associates prior to council voting on new or amended rules and rulings. Review current proposed council rules and rulings.