In order to be eligible for registration as an Architectural Technologist AIBC, you must first:
- Fulfill one of the categories of education and related experience requirements outlined below;
- Complete the Ethics, Act and Bylaws course offered by the AIBC; and
- Apply and successfully complete the Architectural Technologist Examination.
Education – Graduation from an AIBC-approved two-year technology diploma program (such as the BCIT Architectural and Building Engineering Technology Diploma Program) or equivalent.
Experience – Two years of related work experience, at least one year of which must be under the direct supervision of an Architect AIBC.
Education – Graduation from an AIBC-approved one-year certificate program or equivalent.
Experience – Five years of related work experience, at least three years of which must be under the direct supervision of an Architect AIBC.
Education – No AIBC-approved education necessary.
Experience – Seven years of related work experience under the direct supervision of an Architect AIBC.
Architectural Technologist Exam
- Architectural Technologist Examination Application Form (PDF)
- Exam Information (PDF)
- Payment Remittance Form (PDF)
- Photo Identification Form (PDF)
- AT Affiliate Application Form (PDF)
- Bulletin 1: Fees, Fines, and Charges
- Bulletin 1 Appendix A: 2017 Application and Prorated Annual Fees for Registration as an Architect or Associate
- Career Opportunities for Architectural Technologists (PDF)
Please contact the Registration & Licensing Department at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.