To become eligible for registration as an Architectural Technologist AIBC, you must first:
1. Fulfill one of the categories of education and related experience requirements:
- Category 1
Education – Graduation from an AIBC-approved two-year technology diploma program (such as the BCIT Architectural and Building Engineering Technology Diploma Program) or equivalent.
Experience – Two years of related work experience, at least one year of which must be under the direct supervision of an Architect AIBC.
- Category 2
Education – Graduation from an AIBC-approved one-year certificate program or equivalent.
Experience – Five years of related work experience, at least three years of which must be under the direct supervision of an Architect AIBC.
- Category 3
Education – No AIBC-approved education necessary.
Experience – Seven years of related work experience under the direct supervision of an Architect AIBC.
2. Complete the Ethics, Act and Bylaws course offered by the AIBC.
Learn more about the Ethics, Act and Bylaws course.
3. Apply and successfully complete the Architectural Technologist Examination.
2018 Exam Dates: April 16 and November 21.
– Architectural Technologist Examination Application Form (PDF)
– Exam Information (PDF)
– Photo Identification Form (PDF)
- AT Affiliate Application Form (PDF)
- Bulletin 1: Fees, Fines, and Charges
- Bulletin 1 Appendix A: 2017 Application and Prorated Annual Fees for Registration as an Architect or Associate
- Career Opportunities for Architectural Technologists (PDF)
Please contact the Registration & Licensing Department at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.