The health, safety and well-being of registrants, volunteers, and staff is a top priority for the AIBC. The COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, and we are committed to keeping those impacted informed. Updates and information will be posted to this webpage as they become available.
The AIBC also recognizes the hardship and uncertainty caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. We will continue to closely monitor the situation, and revisit expectations and regulatory obligations.
- July 29, 2020: Cancellation of Remaining 2020 IAP Courses
- June 3, 2020: AIBC Response to COVID-19: Important Update and Information
- April 22, 2020: Online Learning Opportunities Roundup Now Available
- April 8, 2020: President’s Message | Navigating and Responding to COVID-19
- April 3, 2020: 2020 Architectural Walking Tours Season Cancelled
- March 26, 2020: Field Reviews and COVID-19
- March 24, 2020: AIBC CES Reporting Period Cycle Deadline Extended to September 30, 2020
- March 17, 2020: AIBC’s Response to COVID-19, Important Information about Conference & Courses
AIBC COVID-19 Safety Plan
Per Provincial Health Officer orders, the AIBC has prepared a COVID-19 Safety Plan based on WorkSafeBC guidelines, which outlines the protocols, measures, and procedures put in place to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission at the AIBC offices.
- AIBC COVID-19 Safety Plan (Last Updated: October 13, 2020)
The AIBC office will be closed indefinitely to registrants and the public as of Wednesday, March 18, 2020. The primary functions and operations of the Institute will continue – staff will be working remotely, and can be reached via email and the phone. As a reminder, if you feel ill or are exhibiting any symptoms, stay home and follow the recommended health protocol.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is architecture considered an essential service? Can I still conduct a Field Review?
Other than Field Review per the BC Building Code, do I have to attend site or other meetings
Are there any impacts on AIBC standard form contracts during this time? What about RAIC contracts?
How can I get a digital seal?
How can I get authorization stickers for AIBC or CCDC documents when the office is closed?
Where can I find architectural practice resources regarding COVID-19?
Was the 2018–2020 CES reporting period deadline extended?
How will the AIBC help facilitate supplementary learning opportunities?
Which AIBC Courses are cancelled?
Will the AIBC Courses be offered remotely?
Registration and Licensing
Will applications for registration and enrollment still be accepted?
Are Oral Reviews still taking place?
Which registration requirements have been temporarily relaxed?
More information for the architectural profession regarding COVID-19 can be found on the following sites. Practice-related resources can be found above under the ‘Architectural Practice’ FAQ section:
- B.C. Business COVID-19 Support Service
- BC’s Restart Plan
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan: Support for Canadians and Businesses
- Legal, financial guidance for Canadian architecture firms during COVID-19
- What COVID-19 means for Canadian architects
The AIBC is committed to keeping registrants informed about the evolving COVID-19 situation as it relates to the Institute’s programs, services and initiatives. We will continue to provide frequent updates as information becomes available via this webpage and by email. If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.