Explore the past and present of Vancouver and Victoria with AIBC’s top-rated guided walks.
Through its walking tour program, the Architectural Institute of British Columbia (AIBC) offers stunning architectural perspectives of three Victoria and six Vancouver neighborhoods. For locals and tourists alike these fun tours are a unique and engaging way to learn more about the architecture and history of the two cities.
While regularly scheduled tours run only in the summer months, the AIBC considers requests to accommodate group tours at other times throughout the year, depending on tour guide availability. Please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604.305.2716.
For CES participants please note that walking tours earn 1 Non-core LU per hour (Architect AIBC + Architectural Technologist AIBC).
Vancouver and Victoria tours are now open for booking!
Know before you go.
- Cost: $10/person. To guarantee your spot and to pay by credit card, book your tour online. Space permitting, cash-paying walk-ins are also accepted on the day of the tour. Tours are limited to 20 people.
- Ensure you arrive 15 minutes before the departure time.
- Tour starting points vary. Find out where to meet your guide in the tour descriptions for Vancouver and Victoria.
- Tours are approximately 1.5 to 2 hours long and include walking distances of up to 3 km (2 mi).
- Tours are wheelchair accessible.
- Tours are suitable for children who are able to walk the distance. A parent or guardian must accompany children.
- Washrooms are available for tour participants at the tour meeting points.
- Tours operate rain or shine. Check the weather and dress appropriately. Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
AIBC Corporate Social Responsibility Program
As part of the AIBC’s commitment to institutional excellence, we have a corporate social responsibility program available to community and non-profit groups who wish to take an architectural walking tour. Please contact email@example.com to request more information on eligibility.
For more information or to inquire about private tour bookings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 604.305.2716.