Registrants, including architectural firms and temporary licensees, must update/confirm their information with the Institute every year and pay annual fees as required. This can be done online using the AIBC’s confidential and secure registrant site.
Annual fees are paid by Architects AIBC, associates (Intern Architect AIBC, Architectural Technologist AIBC and Retired Architect AIBC), Firms, Temporary Licensees, and affiliates (architectural technologist applicant, Broadly Experienced Applicant (BEA) candidate and student affiliate). Fees are determined annually by AIBC Council and provided in Bulletin 1: Fees, Fines and Charges.
At this time, registrants including firms are not yet able to view or pay their invoice through the Registrant Portal, so the Institute is encouraging registrants to pay their fees online via the AIBC website or e-transfer to email@example.com.
Fee waivers may apply in the following scenarios:
- For Architects AIBC and associates, a waiver or reduction of annual renewal fees may be considered due to financial hardship, medical disability, parental leave or family leave.
- Retired Architects AIBC, with a cumulative 40-year registration history as an Architect AIBC and Retired Architect AIBC, may have their annual renewal fee waived in recognition of their longstanding registration.
- Student affiliates are eligible to have their annual fees waived upon providing proof of student status.
The AIBC’s annual renewal cycle involves a number of phases. Each year, the AIBC sends registrants a reminder to review and update their individual information in preparation for annual review invoicing. In September, architectural firms are required to update/confirm their information. Renewal invoices are sent in November, with payment of annual fees due by February 1, a date set in the Architects Act.
Please note that if you are planning to resign you must be up to date with your annual renewal fees to be able to resign in good standing. If you resign part way through the year after having paid your annual fee, you will be eligible for a partial refund.
Timeline and key deadlines
- October 7, 2022 – Firm Update begins
- October 31, 2022 – Deadline for Firm Update.
- November 2022 – Annual renewal invoices are sent to registrants during the last week of the month.
- February 1, 2023 – Deadline to complete annual renewal of registration and payment of fees.