On occasion, the AIBC publishes Practice Guidelines (formerly ‘Practice Notes’) to provide specific guidance to architects and firms on a variety of practice matters, such as letters of assurance, standard form agreements and other business/practice issues.
AIBC Practice Guidelines
- Practice Guideline: Guide to Document 8C – 2020 Standard Short Form Contract Between Client and Consultant (PDF)
- Practice Guideline: Guide to Document 8C – 2020 Chinese Language Edition: 建筑实践说明: 合同文件8C – 2020委托方与设计顾问简版标准合同使用说明（中文版）
- Practice Guideline: Builders Lien Act – Considerations for Architects (PDF)
- Practice Guideline: Qualified Letters of Assurance (PDF)
- Practice Guideline: AIBC Standard Form of Contract 6C: Between Client & Consultant (PDF)
- Practice Guideline: Hourly Rate Fees – Services of Principals or Staff (PDF)
- Practice Guideline: Blended Hourly Rate Fees for Principals in Small Practices (PDF)
- Practice Guideline: Percentage Fees: Phased Earnings (PDF)
- Practice Guideline: Exchange of Electronic Information (PDF)
- Practice Guideline: Letters of Assurance for Phased (or Partial) Occupancies (PDF)
AIBC Practice Notes
The following are currently under review for republishing as Practice Guidelines:
Joint Practice Guidelines
The following Practice Guidelines have been published in collaboration with additional stakeholders.
- Guidelines on Intellectual Property (PDF)
- Whole Building Energy Modelling Services Version 1.0 (AIBC/EGBC Joint Professional Practice Guidelines) (PDF)
- Professional Design and Field Review By Supporting Registered Professionals (including Model Schedule S-B and Model Schedule S-C) (PDF)
Fillable Model Schedule S-B (PDF)
Fillable Model Schedule S-C (PDF)
Contact a Practice Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.305.2699.