|Thursday, September 6, 2018
|| Administrative Bylaws 2018 Now in Effect
Supported by members and honorary members in the most recent electronic vote, the AIBC’s Administrative Bylaws 2018 have successfully passed the provincial government’s “disallowance” period and are now in effect. The suite is organized into four topic areas: Firms; Admission/Registration; Fees and Fines; and Chapters. Read more.
||Adoption of the 2018 BC Building and Plumbing Code
The Province has adopted the 2018 edition of the British Columbia Building Code, including Book II Plumbing Services (BC Building and Plumbing Code). The new BC Building and Plumbing Code will be effective December 10, 2018.The AIBC, along with partners Building Officials' Association of B.C., Engineers and Geoscientists BC and BC Housing, are developing upgrade seminars which will be offered in fall/winter 2018. Read more.
|Intern Architect Happenings
- The next round of Oral Review dates are scheduled for September 20, 25 and 26. The application period is now closed.
|AIBC Volunteer Opportunities
- Municipal Advisory Design Panels: District of Chilliwack, City of Duncan, City of Maple Ridge, District of Oak Bay, City of Pitt Meadows, City of Surrey, City of Vancouver – Urban Design Panel, City of Vancouver – Chinatown, City of Vancouver – Gastown, Municipality of Whistler, City of White Rock.
|Recognized Educational Provider Events
|Following are the most recent upcoming REP events. For a full listing, see the AIBC events calendar.|
- Blue Turtle Consulting
Fee Proposal Workshop, September 7
- BC Building Envelope Council
Selecting Windows for the Step Code,
Energy Modelling for Building Professionals, September 7
Energy Modelling for Building Professionals, September 11
Passive House Tradesperson Course – Building Envelope Specialization, September 17
Introduction to Community Energy and Emissions Planning, September 19
Residential Energy Efficiency, September 22
Passive House Tradesperson Course – Building Envelope Specialization, October 1
- Langara College
Negotiation & Dispute Resolution, September 10
Invisible Hazard Asbestos, September 10
BC Building Code Energy Standards,
Project Supervision – Microsoft Project, September 11
Building Systems Energy Assessment 1, September 13
Invisible Hazard Radon, September 17
Residential Construction, September 18
Real Estate Law, September 26
- Muniak Inc.
Building Code Tutor, ongoing
Building Code Tutor Volume 2, ongoing
- Passive House Canada
120A: Passive House Design and Construction, September 13
- Passive House Canada (Continued)
120B: Understanding and Working with the Passive House Planning Package (PHPP), September 20
110: Introduction to Passive House High Performance Buildings, September 28
120C: Exam Preparation for Passive House Designer/Consultant Exam, September 29
- SAFTI First Fire Rated Glazing Solutions
Designing with Fire-Rated Glass, ongoing
- Vancouver Community College
AutoCAD Level 1, September 11
SketchUp Level 1, September 15
Colour Theory and Application, September 17
Design Basics, September 17
Materials and Finishes, September 18
Textiles, September 19
Design Drawing, September 20
History of Furniture, September 20
Introduction to Revit, September 25
- Vancouver Regional Construction Association
Construction Industry Ethics, September 12
Construction Estimating, September 13
ZEBx: HVAC in Large Passive House Buildings, September 13
ZEBx: Passive House Building Certification, September 14
Introduction to Construction Blueprint Reading, September 17
ZEBx: Advanced PHPP for Passive House Buildings, September 17
Construction 101, September 18
ZEBx: Thermal Bridging for Passive House Buildings, September 19
Construction Law, September 20
- Building Smart with Fire Regulatory Considerations for Low-Rise Residential Buildings, hosted by BC Housing, September 11, 2018.
- West End Heritage Tour, organized by Vancouver Heritage Foundation, September 29, 2018.
- POP // CAN // CRIT 2018, October 19, 2018.
- Small Housing Summit, organized by Small Housing BC, November 17, 2018.
|100 – 440 Cambie Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 2N5
t. 604.683.8588 or toll free in B.C. 1.800.667.0753
f. 604.683.8568 or toll free in B.C. 1.800.661.2955
e. email@example.com w. aibc.ca