Jensen Hughes – Fire Protection Engineering, Including the New Building Permit Application Regulations in Vancouver and Surrey
The City of Vancouver and the City of Surrey have introduced new regulations requiring complete fire suppression system design drawings to be submitted at the Building Permit Application stage. These new regulations require complete detailed design of the fire suppression system including system component arrangement and hydraulic calculations. These new municipal regulations result in a fundamental change to how fire suppression is part of the design process. Attendees will take away the following:
– Fully understand the bylaw changes and why they came about.
– What these changes mean to the structure of a Design Team
– How these changes benefit the project, design and the end user
– What exactly are Fire Protection Systems
– Who is a Fire Protection Engineer and how do they differ from a Mechanical Engineer?
– Fire Protection System Design Case Studies and Considerations
Date: May 16, 2017
Time: 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Location: Jensen Hughes, 1195 West Broadway, Vancouver – First Floor Boardroom
Learning Units: 1 Core LU
Register: Email: email@example.com