Important Dates Regarding the Council Election
- April 13, 9 a.m.–E-voting for council election opens
- May 8, 12 p.m.–E-voting for council election closes
- May 8, 3 p.m.–Election results will be announced at the 2017 AIBC Annual Meeting
Council Election Voting Period
This is the first time the AIBC will be conducting a council election by electronic vote (or e-vote) since bylaws were passed by members in 2014 authorizing electronic voting for council elections and bylaw amendments.
The e-vote will be conducted according to the Architects Act, AIBC Bylaws and Council Rules 4: Electronic Voting and Council Elections.
The e-voting period will open April 13 at 9 a.m. and close May 8 at 12 p.m.
(NEW!) E-voting for the council election will close at 12 p.m. on the day of the annual meeting, several hours before the start of the annual meeting. This year’s council election will be conducted electronically and paper ballots will NOT be mailed out.
Council Election Voting Instructions
On April 13, eligible voting members and honorary members will be sent an email (the E-Vote Notification) from email@example.com including:
- Instructions on how to vote electronically
- Your unique elector ID and password
- A link to the electronic ballot
Eligible voting members who do not receive an email by end of day April 13, after having checked their spam filters and junk inbox, or if an email was deleted in error, are instructed to contact Simply Voting directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not hesitate to contact the AIBC at 604.683.8588 where front desk staff will redirect calls to the appropriate staff person.
Council Member Nominations
There are six council nominations for five available council positions. The nominees (alphabetically listed) are:
- Marianne Amodio Architect AIBC
- Robert Chester Architect AIBC
- Bruce Haden Architect AIBC
- Catherine Nickerson Architect AIBC
- Sean Rodrigues Architect AIBC
- Sean Ruthen Architect AIBC