The City of Surrey is calling for submissions for the 2017 City Awards Program – a family of awards to celebrate excellence in urban design and sustainable community development, beautification, community engagement, sport tourism, and heritage. Submissions for 2017 will be accepted beginning April 10 through to June 5, 2017.
The City Awards recognize citizens, community groups, businesses and developers who are making outstanding contributions. The awards are part of the City’s ongoing commitment to programs and initiatives that support the City’s vibrant communities, promote modern urban development, protect and enhance the environment, support community engagement, encourage support tourism, and celebrate our heritage.
This year’s seven award categories include:
- NewCity Design Award: Excellence in Urban Design & City Building
- Clean Energy City Award: Innovation in Energy Conservation & Efficiency
- Heart in the City Award: Selfless Acts of Community Spirit
- Beautiful City Award: Outstanding Contributions in Neighbourhood Enhancement
- Green City Award: Environmental Leaders who Take Action & Inspire
- Heritage Award: Excellence in heritage preservation, interpretation and promotion
- Sport Tourism in the City Award: Excellence in hosting of a Sport Event or Tournament in Surrey
Candidates may be nominated or submitted from April 10 to June 5, 2017. Award recipients will be recognized by Mayor and Council during the City Awards reception on October 25, 2017.
Nomination and submission details are available at www.surrey.ca/awards.