The 98th AIBC annual meeting was held prior to the May 8, 2017 council meeting. During the annual meeting, the 2017/2018 AIBC Council was announced. One of the first orders of council business was to fill the four officer positions and invited guests to council.
The following is a list of this year’s council, including elected members, officers, Lieutenant Governor and UBC SALA appointees, and invited guests to council. A comprehensive listing as well as council contact information is posted on the AIBC website.
2017/2018 AIBC Council and Invited Guests to Council
AIBC Council Officers:
- President: Danica Djurkovic Architect AIBC
- Vice President: Ian R. McDonald Architect AIBC
- Treasurer: Karl W. Gustavson Architect AIBC
- Registrar (non-voting): Gordon Richards Architect AIBC
Newly Elected AIBC Councilors:
- Marianne Amodio Architect AIBC
- Bruce Haden Architect AIBC
- Catherine Nickerson Architect AIBC
- Sean Rodrigues Architect AIBC
- Sean Ruthen Architect AIBC
AIBC Councilors completing their second year:
- Danica Djurkovic Architect AIBC (President)
- David Dove Architect AIBC
- Sylvie Gagnon Architect AIBC
- Karl W. Gustavson Architect AIBC (Treasurer)
- Ian R. McDonald Architect AIBC (Vice President)
LG Appointees to AIBC Council:
- Barbara Ann Brink
- Cynthia Grauer
- Ross Rettie, P.Eng.
- Michelle Rupp
UBC SALA Appointee to AIBC Council:
- John Bass
AIBC Council Liaisons (non-voting):
- Immediate Past President: Darryl J. Condon Architect AIBC
- Retired Architect AIBC Liaison: Selwyn Dodd Retired Architect AIBC
- Intern Architect AIBC Liaison: Aaron Urion Intern Architect AIBC
AIBC Council President Opening Remarks
- The 2017/2018 AIBC Council president Danica Djurkovic Architect AIBC was honoured to be elected as president and acknowledged her fellow council members for their service and dedication. She commended Darryl Condon for his two-year term as president and was delighted that he would continue to participate as past president.
- Following the president’s remarks, appointments were made to the Registration Board: council member Sylvie Gagnon Architect AIBC, along with Architects AIBC Patrick Schilling and Gavin Scheafer.
Council committee appointments were scheduled to be finalized prior to the next council meeting.
The council meeting was followed by the 2017 Annual Conference Opening Reception.
The next official meeting of AIBC Council is scheduled for July 11, 2017. It will be held at the AIBC offices between 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. Members, associates and the public are welcome to attend. Please confirm your attendance in advance by contacting Executive Coordinator Tracy Tough by e-mail (email@example.com).