The draft version of “Engineers and Geoscientists BC /Architectural Institute of BC Professional Practice Guidelines – Whole Building Energy Modelling Services” is available for review until November 5, 2017. Written comments, with reference number to document section, can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When issued, these guidelines will apply to architects and engineers providing, procuring, contributing to and/or coordinating building energy modelling services on all types and sizes of buildings.
- The guidelines cover various energy modelling applications, minimum qualifications, professional practice, roles and responsibilities, and quality assurance for projects that involve whole building energy modelling.
- The roles of coordinator, the energy modelling supervisor and the qualified modeller have been discussed in the context of coordination and supervision.
These guidelines are made possible by funding from BC Hydro, BC Housing, City of Vancouver and Engineers and Geoscientists BC. The Steering Committee members from organizations commissioning the work are:
- Toby Lau, P.Eng., Codes and Standards Principal, BC Hydro
- Greg McCall, P.Eng., Energy Policy Specialist, City of Vancouver
- Maura Gatensby, Architect AIBC, Practice Advisor, AIBC
- Harshan Radhakrishnan, P.Eng., Practice Advisor, Engineers and Geoscientists BC