Bulletin 80: Mandatory Continuing Education System (CES) Rules and Guidelines (PDF) describes how the ongoing education required by every CES Participant registered with the AIBC is earned, reported and administered. CES Participants are defined as architects and architectural technologists registered with the AIBC.
Minor revisions have been made to Bulletin 80: Mandatory Continuing Education System (CES) Rules and Guidelines (PDF) to provide additional clarity and guidance on the CES processes. A summary of the amendments can be found below:
- Learning Units (LUs) earned prior to a CES Participant’s date of registration are not eligible for reporting, as backdating is not permitted.
- Product demonstrations focused on the marketing and promotion of merchandise or services are not eligible for LUs.
- CES Participants are encouraged to review components of post-graduate programs (coursework, research, thesis writing) for eligibility with the Professional Services department prior to self-reporting.
- Formal exam preparation courses will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Self-reported learning activities must contain adequate information for verification, or they may be removed from a CES Participants transcript.
The July 1, 2016–June 30, 2018 reporting period deadline is June 30, 2018. A comprehensive CES FAQ is available on the AIBC website.
For any questions regarding the CES, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.