At its meeting on Tuesday, January 21, 2014, AIBC Council addressed the following matters:
- Council President Scott Kemp Architect AIBC FRAIC RIBA LEED AP welcomed new Lieutenant Governor Appointee S. Ross Rettie P. Eng, FEC.
- Council consented to receipt of reports from: the President; various council committees and working groups; the Registration Board; and the Executive Director.
- Council consented to approval respecting the recording of four motions earlier passed electronically (including prior meeting minutes); exam results; register amendments; and a number of terms of reference updates.
- Draft documents submitted by the Operational Constraints Committee regarding the role of the Executive Director and performance evaluation process for the position were considered and accepted.
- Council considered a submission presented by the Bylaw Review Committee regarding electronic voting for council election and bylaw purposes. Council was very supportive and passed related motions. Staff and the Bylaw Review Committee are now to consult with members and government leading (with council’s approval) to a possible bylaw vote by members later this year.
- Council considered material submitted by the Act Review Working Group regarding possible amendments to the Architects Act’s provisions (Sections 36 and 37) to align the Act with Canadian internship and foreign-trained architect registration standards. Council supported the Working Group’s efforts to continue to seek legislative amendments to reflect these registration standards.
The next official meeting of AIBC Council is scheduled for Tuesday, March 11, 2014, at the AIBC offices (#100 – 440 Cambie Street, Vancouver). Members, associates and the public are welcome to attend; please confirm your attendance in advance by contacting Executive Coordinator Tracy Tough by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (604-683-8588, #335).