The AIBC is pleased to announce the 2017/2018 AIBC Council and Invited Liaisons to Council.
Council elections results were announced during the May 8 Annual Meeting, held in Vancouver in conjunction with the AIBC Annual Conference. Following the adjournment of the annual meeting, council elected its slate of officers for the 2017/2018 council year.
Front row (left to right): S. Ross Rettie P.Eng., Catherine Nickerson Architect AIBC, Sylvie Gagnon Architect AIBC, Marianne Amodio Architect AIBC, Danica Djurkovic Architect AIBC (President), Karl W. Gustavson Architect AIBC (Treasurer).
Back row (left to right): Sean Ruthen Architect AIBC, Michelle Rupp (LG Appointee), Darryl J. Condon Architect AIBC (Immediate Past President), Bruce Haden Architect AIBC, Ian R. McDonald Architect AIBC (Vice President), Selwyn Dodd Retired Architect AIBC (Retired Architect Liaison), David Dove Architect AIBC.
Absent: John Bass (UBC Appointee), Barbara Ann Brink (LG Appointee), Cynthia Grauer (LG Appointee), Gordon Richards Architect AIBC (Registrar), Sean Rodrigues Architect AIBC, Aaron Urion Intern Architect AIBC (Intern Architect Liaison).
Photo Credit: Jay Shaw Photography
The 15-member AIBC Council is comprised of 10 architects (Architects AIBC) who are elected by their peers for two-year terms (five positions in each election year); four Lieutenant Governor Appointees who are non-architect public representatives appointed by the provincial government; and one appointee from The University of British Columbia School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture.
Under the Architects Act, the AIBC Council appoints an Architect AIBC as the registrar. The registrar is a non-voting officer of council.
The AIBC Council also extends an invitation to liaisons to sit in a non-voting capacity. The liaison positions are: Immediate Past-President, Intern Architect Liaison, Retired Architect Liaison and Architectural Technologist Liaison. This year, no expressions of interest were received for the Architectural Technologist Liaison to council position.
Please join in welcoming new and returning members to the 2017/2018 AIBC Council, and Invited Liaisons to Council.
AIBC Council Officers:
- President: Danica Djurkovic Architect AIBC
- Vice President: Ian R. McDonald Architect AIBC
- Treasurer: Karl W. Gustavson Architect AIBC
- Registrar: Gordon Richards Architect AIBC
Newly Elected AIBC Councilors:
- Marianne Amodio Architect AIBC
- Bruce Haden Architect AIBC
- Catherine Nickerson Architect AIBC
- Sean Rodrigues Architect AIBC
- Sean Ruthen Architect AIBC
AIBC Councilors completing their second year:
- Danica Djurkovic Architect AIBC (President)
- David Dove Architect AIBC
- Sylvie GagnonArchitect AIBC
- Karl W. Gustavson Architect AIBC (Treasurer)
- Ian R. McDonald Architect AIBC (Vice President)
LG Appointees to AIBC Council:
- Barbara Ann Brink
- Cynthia Grauer
- Ross Rettie, P.Eng.
- Michelle Rupp
UBC SALA Appointee to AIBC Council:
- John Bass
- Gordon Richards Architect AIBC
AIBC Council Liaisons (non-voting):
- Immediate Past President: Darryl J. Condon Architect AIBC
- Retired Architect AIBC Liaison: Selwyn Dodd Retired Architect AIBC
- Intern Architect AIBC Liaison: Aaron Urion Intern Architect AIBC