Council Election Voting Period
The 2018 AIBC Council Election is coming up! The e-vote will open on April 16 at 9 a.m., with an email notification being sent to eligible voters. The e-vote will close on May 7 at 12 p.m. Election results will be announced at the Annual Meeting, which is taking place on May 7 between 3 and 5 p.m. at the Vancouver Convention Centre West.
The e-vote will be conducted according to the Architects Act, AIBC Bylaws and Council Rules 4: Electronic Voting and Council Elections.
Council Election Voting Instructions
On April 16, eligible voting members and honorary members will be sent an email (the E-Vote Notification) from email@example.com including:
- Instructions on how to vote electronically;
- Your unique elector ID and password; and
- A link to the electronic ballot.
Eligible voting members who do not receive an email by end of day April 16, after having checked their spam filters and junk inbox, or if an email was deleted in error, are instructed to contact Simply Voting directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not hesitate to contact the AIBC at 604.683.8588 where front desk staff will redirect calls to the appropriate staff person.
Council Member Nominations
The AIBC is pleased to announce that eight members, of which six are endorsed as detailed below, have put their names forward as candidates for the five positions in the upcoming AIBC Council election. The council nominees are listed in alphabetical order below. Those endorsed by the AIBC Nominations Review Committee are noted with an asterisk (“*”).
- Robert Chester Architect AIBC
- Piers Cunnington Architect AIBC
- * Danica Djurkovic Architect AIBC
- * Michelle Fenton Architect AIBC
- * Travis Hanks Architect AIBC
- * Marguerite Laquinte Francis Architect AIBC
- * Ian McDonald Architect AIBC
- * Stuart Rothnie Architect AIBC
Council member nomination statements are available online for review and consideration by voting members and honorary members.
- April 16, 9 a.m.–E-voting for council election opens. Email notification sent to eligible voters.
- May 7, 12 p.m.–E-voting for council election closes.
- May 7–Election results announced at the Annual Meeting which will take place between 3 and 5 p.m.