The Institute is seeking Architects AIBC and Retired Architects AIBC to submit expressions of interest to participate on six task forces working on the Tariff of Fees for Architectural Services (“Tariff”) Update project. Each task force will be composed of three to six members, reviewing research material and recommending appropriate content for the revised tariff. Candidates may apply for more than one category. Each task force will be dedicated to a specific category of the Tariff:
- Public Assembly
- Residential (including: custom residence, townhouses, low rise 6- storey, and high rise 6+ storey)
- Educational (including: primary/high school and college/university)
The general qualification and experience criteria for appointments include:
- Architect AIBC or Retired Architect AIBC with several years of experience;
- Strong analytical skills, and the ability to make well-reasoned decisions
- Working knowledge of the Tariff of Fees for Architectural Services; and
- Ability to work collaboratively.
Timeline and commitment:
- July 2018 will be used to appoint each candidate to their respective task force(s), and information packages containing information will be distributed in August 2018;
- Working meetings will commence in September 2018 and expected to conclude in December 2018;
- Commitment to these task forces will be three to six meetings over the course of four months (September to December);
- No additional work will be expected outside of the scheduled meetings;
- Meetings take place at the centrally located offices of the AIBC (unless other arrangements are made and vetted through the AIBC staff representative), with catering and parking provided for meetings held at the AIBC.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a brief statement indicating their preferred category or categories of the Tariff, outlining why they are interested in participating and providing any relevant experience. All applicants should contact Yana Vassilenko, Human Resources Specialist, at: email@example.com.