On May 1, 2018, AIBC Council approved the proposed suite of Administrative Bylaws 2018 for member vote. This suite of bylaws is organized into four topic areas: Architectural Firms; Admission and Registration; Fees and Fines; and Chapters. Member consultation on the proposed bylaws ran from February 13, 2018 until April 19, 2018.
- Review Proposed Suite of Administrative Bylaws 2018 PDF.
- Review Proposed Suite of Administrative Bylaws 2018 PDF, including original text with noted amendments.
The voting period for the council-endorsed bylaws will commence on May 23, and continue until June 18 at 4 p.m Passage requires a minimum of two-thirds of affirmative ballots cast by eligible voters – members and honorary members are encouraged to cast their ballot.
Following the standard bylaw e-voting procedure, an electronic ballot will be emailed directly to eligible voters on May 23 from firstname.lastname@example.org. The email will include:
- Instructions on how to vote electronically;
- Unique elector ID and password; and
- A link to the electronic ballot.
Your vote matters. Active participation in bylaw initiatives is crucial to both the governance of the Institute and the profession of architecture in B.C. Electronic voting takes but a few minutes to cast a ballot.