The Architectural Institute of British Columbia (AIBC) invites submissions from those interested in speaking, participating in panel discussions, or facilitating interactive workshops at the 2020 AIBC Conference.
Held every second year, the AIBC Conference attracts 500+ attendees over two and half days. Architectural professionals from across B.C. and beyond come together to attend more than 20 speaking sessions as well as engaging evening events.
Date: Monday, May 4 to Wednesday, May 6, 2020
Location: Vancouver Convention Centre West
Forming the Future
The AIBC has been regulating the profession of architecture in B.C. since 1920. As we reflect upon the past ten decades of regulation, we see consistency, stability, and constancy – particularly in the commitment to regulate the profession in the public interest.
As we embark upon the next 100 years, the architectural profession in B.C. is poised to form and be formed by the local, national and global environment. Now more than ever, it is critical to keep current with technological and industrial innovation and be attentive to professional and societal expectations.
The AIBC invites delegates to explore the challenges and opportunities facing the profession of architecture, and discover the latest trends, solutions, and ideas at the 2020 AIBC Conference.
A variety of presentation formats are sought, including lectures, panel discussions and workshops. The AIBC is looking for presenters who are experts in their fields and familiar with presenting to groups of 30 to 120 individuals. The program will consist of 90-minutes sessions and 3-hour interactive workshops.
The following criteria will be examined when reviewing and selecting submissions:
- B.C-based projects and innovations, or out-of-province/international presentations that show unique concepts, methodologies and technologies that may be applied to the architectural landscape of British Columbia;
- Inspired content that is clear, concise and educational in nature;
- Relevant to the profession of architecture;
- Compliant with the necessary standards for AIBC’s Continuing Education System; and
- Qualified speakers with experience presenting at similar regional, national or international conferences.
New this year, the AIBC Professional Development Committee may follow-up with submitters after the deadline to ensure the proposed presentation meets the established submission criteria.
September 5, 2019: Call for Submissions Opens
November 4, 2019: Call for Submissions Closes
Mid-December: Speakers Notified
May 4–6, 2020: AIBC Conference 2020