Supported by registrants and honorary members in the most recent electronic vote, the Code of Ethics & Administrative Bylaws have successfully passed the provincial government’s “disallowance” period and are now in effect.
The bylaw amendment topic areas are:
- Professional Engagement Bylaws: 28.0 & 28.1;
- Copyright Bylaw: 28.3;
- Reporting & Disclosure Bylaw: 32.5;
- Architectural Competitions Bylaws: 34.11 & 34.12;
- Investigation & Discipline Bylaws: 36.3, 36.21, 36.22, 37.2, 37.16, & 37.31; and
- Honorary Members Bylaws: 12.0 & 12.1
An overview of each section, including supporting rationales can be found on the AIBC website.
Council rules will be established for architectural competitions bylaws and for the conferral of honorary members by electronic vote. Registrants will be given notice and opportunity to provide feedback on the rules in the coming months.
AIBC Council Approved Contracts
As per AIBC Bylaws 28.0 and 28.1, architects are required to ensure that an executed, written agreement is in place prior to commencing work for a client. This architectural services contract must be a standard form contract approved by AIBC Council, or be based upon, and generally consistent with, a standard contract in relation to the services, responsibilities, and general conditions.
The eight AIBC Council approved contracts are:
- AIBC 6C: AIBC Standard Form of Contract 6C Between Client and Consultant
Schedule of Consultant’s Services and Client Responsibility (Released February 2007)
- AIBC 6C-H: (For Healthcare Projects in British Columbia) Supplemental Conditions to AIBC Standard Form of Contract 6C Between Client & Consultant (Released February 2007)
- AIBC 8C: AIBC Standard Short Form Contract Between Client & Consultant (Released January 2010)
- CCDC 15: CCDC 2013 Design Services Contract between Design-Builder and Consultant
- CCDC 30: CCDC 2018 Integrated Project Delivery Contract
- RAIC 6: RAIC Canadian Standard Form of Contract for Architectural Services (2018 edition)
- RAIC 9: RAIC Canadian Standard Form of Contract Between Architect and Consultant
- ACEC 31: ACEC 2010 Engineering Agreement Between Client and Engineer
For more information on contracts and links to view more, please visit the AIBC website.