The following is an announcement from the City of Vancouver.
Deadlines are approaching for the acceptance cut off for the use of the Vancouver Building By-law 2014 (VBBL2014) in new building permit applications. As expected with the rollout of the new Vancouver Building By-law 2019 (VBBL2019), there is an impact on staff resources and “intake dates” may not be met.
The Chief Building Official is supporting staff and industry with the workload by allowing for some flexibility to accommodate the intake meetings.
Here is what you need to know:
- Your online application must be in no later than midnight on October 31.
- The application must have one of the following;
- Development Permit Prior to letter issued
- Development Permit Issued
- Approval from John Greer, Assistant Director Development Review documented on the file regarding proceeding with building permit application (for exceptional circumstances only).
- All documents required for the scheduled intake meeting are complete and ready for a successful intake.
- Scheduled intake meetings for the CP must be scheduled in November 2019 based on availability of BRB staff, but must be completed promptly.
- An email to confirm the contact for plan review will be sent prior to appointments as usual. We expect they will be sent out to the CP no later than November 5, 2019.
Please check the Queens Printer Website for updates on the new VBBL2019. In the meantime, a more current PDF version will be available shortly for your prevue on the City of Vancouver website at: New Vancouver Building By-law 2019 The Council-approved version has been available at that link since June 2019.
The new Letters of Assurance and Owners Undertakings will soon be up on the CP webpage under the tab Forms for 2019 VBBL.