The RAIC is seeking four volunteers to join the Practice Support Committee, an operational committee of the RAIC.
The purpose of the Practice Committee is to engage the knowledge and experience of members and fellows to: a) guide, develop and maintain appropriate resources to support architectural practice in Canada; and b) provide regular insight into the evolution, unmet needs, and challenges of architectural practice in Canada to inform advocacy initiatives and the practice support services offered by the RAIC; and to support the Director of Practice in his engagement with members and other agencies.
The RAIC is seeking individuals who will contribute their unique skills to create a broad pool of knowledge and experience within the committee, covering:
- Marketing and managing client relationships
- Negotiating and managing contracts for architectural services and consultant services
- Construction Tendering, contract administration and construction review services
- Construction Law and Dispute resolution
- Working drawings and specification writing
- Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Sustainable design and construction practices
- Management of architectural practice
Scope of Committee
The resources to be developed, and maintained by the Committee are:
- Standard contracts between Client and Architect; and
- Standard contracts between Architect and Consultants; and
- Supporting documentation and guides for the use of these standard contracts; and
- RAIC Guide to Determining Appropriate Fees for the Services of an Architect
- Other resource documents or materials determined valuable to Canadian Architectural practice, or as
assigned by the CEO.
Duration of Term: 3 years
Meetings: 10-12 times per year
Deadline: February 26, 2021
The RAIC welcomes everyone to the organization. We are committed to equity and justice as well as inclusion across race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability and age and encourages anyone interested in the position to apply.