Supported by registrants and honorary members in the most recent electronic vote, the Code of Ethics Part II Bylaws have successfully passed the provincial government’s “disallowance” period and are now in effect.
The bylaw amendment topic areas are:
- Advertising (Promotion Activities) Bylaw: 32.2.1;
- *Supervision of Intern Architect Bylaw: 34.1.1;
- Client Confidentiality Bylaw: 34.4.1;
- General Professional Conduct including Harassment and Discrimination Bylaws: 34.5 and 34.5.1; and
- Election Procedures and Voting Bylaws: 22.0 and 24.0.
*The Intern Architect Supervision Undertaking, which was part of the proposed amendments for Bylaw 34.1.1, will be finalized in the coming month. Once approved by AIBC Council, it will be published on the website.
An overview of each amendment section, including supporting rationales, can be found on the AIBC website.