Registration for the next sitting of the Exam for Architects in Canada (ExAC) is now open. Application forms will be accepted until October 15, 2021, at 12 p.m.
The exam is scheduled to be held in-person, and will be held simultaneously in Vancouver and Victoria on February 28 and March 1, 2022. All provincial health orders will be followed to ensure a safe and healthy testing environment.
Intern Architects AIBC are eligible to write the ExAC if they are in good standing with the Institute and have logged a minimum 2,800 hours of approved experience. The deadline to submit CERBs for approval to meet eligibility requirements, along with your application, is October 1, 2021.
ExAC Key Dates
- September 1 to October 15: Application period for eligible ExAC candidates
- October 1: Deadline for submitting CERBs to meet ExAC eligibility with application form
- February 28 and March 1, 2022: ExAC held in Vancouver and Victoria
ExAC Information Session
The AIBC is holding a complimentary information session on October 7 at 12 p.m. for all ExAC applicants.
Set yourself up for success with a head start on understanding eligibility requirements and general exam information. You will learn how to best prepare to write the ExAC, including what resources and references are available to you. During this information session, you will also hear from past applicants about the successes and challenges they experienced while studying.
Examination security and copyright information is of the utmost importance; exam content and questions are confidential and will not be discussed during this session. Attendance is highly recommended for Intern Architects AIBC who wish to learn more about the ExAC.
- Date: Thursday, October 7, 2021
- Time: 12–1:30 p.m.
- Location: Online via Zoom (Zoom link will be provided after registration for the session closes)
- Cost: Complimentary
- Learning Units: 1.5 Core
- Registration: Register Online by October 6 (at 12 p.m.)
For more information, please contact the Registration and Licensing department at email@example.com.