As mandated by the Architects Act, annual renewal fees must be paid in full on or before February 1. A member who fails to pay the annual fee by February 1 will no longer be in good standing and their renewal fee will increase by 25 percent. If annual renewal fees remain unpaid in full, the protocols to suspend a member will be applied, and the individual will cease to be a registered architect in British Columbia.
Payment Instructions (New this Year) and Available Methods
The 2022 Annual Renewal Payment process is different than previous years, given the recent onboarding of the new AIBC Registrant Portal. At this time, registrants are not able to view or pay their invoice through the Registrant Portal, so the Institute is encouraging registrants to pay their fees online via the AIBC website.
To pay online, go to the 2022 Annual Renewal Payment page, scroll down to your registrant category, and double check that the payment amount matches the amount owing on your invoice. Then, input your Account Number and Invoice Number, and click “Pay Now”. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete this process. If the amount of your invoice is not an option on the website, please send an email to email@example.com including your account number, invoice number, firm name, and a phone number where we can contact you.
- Online (preferred): Using secure and confidential PayPal links on the AIBC website: aibc.ca/2022-annual-renewal-payment. Please include both the full Account Number (AIBC-R######) and Invoice Number, which can be found in the top right of your invoice. Please note that you do not need a PayPal Account – simply select “Pay with Debit or Credit Card”.
- E-transfer: Send to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your Account Number (AIBC-R######), Invoice Number, and name (as registered with the AIBC) in the message field. Your account will not reflect payment unless the finance department is notified in writing. Auto-deposit (Interac) is set-up, and no security question is required. Please contact finance for alternative electronic payment methods.
- By mail: With a money order in Canadian funds or cheque from a Canadian Bank to the AIBC office. Include either a copy of the invoice, or your Account Number and Invoice Number with your cheque or money order. Allow for sufficient delivery time so that payment arrives by February 1.
In-person payments will not be accepted, as the AIBC offices are temporarily closed to visitors given the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Finding your Account Number and Invoice Number
Please ensure you are including all characters when providing your Account Number (AIBC-R######) and Invoice Number (2022-R######).
2022 Annual Renewal Resources
AIBC Council has approved a nominal increase of 2 percent in annual renewal fees for AIBC registrants and affiliates (less than the 3.5% increase in the Consumer Price Index).
There are several bulletins available on the AIBC website related to the Annual Renewal of Registration:
- 2022 Annual Renewal of Registration Announcement
- Bulletin 1: 2022 Fees Fines and Charges (Schedule of fees established by AIBC Council)
- Bulletin 2: Reinstatement of Registration
- Bulletin 3: Waiver or Reduction of Annual Renewal Fee (Submit application by January 15, 2022)
- Bulletin 5: Resignation of Registration
For assistance, contact email@example.com or 604.683.8588. Please direct any inquiries regarding payment of fees to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note the AIBC offices will be closed for the seasonal closure from December 24 and will resume service on January 4, 2022.