Beginning November 23, 2022, registrants will receive their 2023 Annual Renewal Invoices via email (attached PDF), from firstname.lastname@example.org. An additional Notice was also sent that contained payment instructions.
As mandated by the Architects Act, annual renewal fees must be paid in full on or before February 1. A registrant who fails to pay the annual fee by February 1 will no longer be in good standing and their renewal fee will increase by 25 percent. If annual renewal fees remain unpaid in full, the suspension protocols will be applied, and the individual will cease to be registered with the Architectural Institute of British Columbia.
Those eligible and wishing to apply for a waiver of their annual fees must submit their applications by January 15, 2023. For eligibility, review Bulletin 3: Waiver of Annual Renewal Fee. The AIBC is reviewing submitted waivers, and registrants will be informed of decisions by the week of January 23.
At this time, registrants are not able to view or pay their invoice through the Registrant Portal, so the Institute is encouraging registrants to pay their fees online via the AIBC website. To pay online, go to the Annual Renewal Payment webpage, select your registrant category, and then input your Account Number and Invoice Number, and click “Pay Now”. Please note you do not need a PayPal account to complete this process, and that in-person payments are not being accepted at this time.
- Online (preferred): Using secure and confidential “Pay Now” buttons on the AIBC website. This method allows you to pay by Visa, Mastercard, American Express, debit card or PayPal. Enter both the full Account Number (AIBC-R######) and Invoice Number (2023-R######) with all alphanumeric characters.
- E-transfer:Send to email@example.com, including your account number, invoice number and name (as registered with the AIBC) in the message field. Auto-deposit (Interac) is set-up, and no security question is required.
- By mail:With a money order in Canadian funds or cheque from a Canadian Bank to the AIBC office. Include either a copy of the invoice, or your Account Number and Invoice Number with your cheque or money order. Allow for sufficient delivery time so that payment arrives by February 1.
Bulletin 1: 2023 Fees Fines and Charges, 2023 Annual Renewal Resources
AIBC Council has approved a nominal increase of 3 percent in annual renewal fees for all AIBC registrants and affiliates (less than the 7.7% increase in the Consumer Price Index in British Columbia).
Information related to the renewal of registration and annual fees can be found in the following bulletins:
- Bulletin 1: 2023 Fees Fines and Charges (Schedule of fees established by AIBC Council)
- Bulletin 2: Reinstatement of Registration
- Bulletin 3: Waiver or Reduction of Annual Renewal Fee(Submit application by January 15, 2022)
- Bulletin 5: Resignation of Registration
Have a question about the 2023 Annual Renewal, or Payment Methods?
If you have a question about the 2023 Annual Renewal, please visit the Frequently Asked Questions webpage. For further instance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.683.8588. Please direct any inquiries regarding payment of fees to email@example.com. Please note the AIBC offices will be closed for the holiday season on December 26 and will re-open January 3, 2023.
January 15, 2023: Bulletin 3: Waiver or Reduction of Annual Renewal Fee application deadline
February 1, 2023: Payment deadline for annual fees