Each year, the Architectural Institute of British Columbia showcases the best in B.C. architecture through its highly-respected awards program.
An esteemed jury with representation from both within and outside the profession will consider candidates for The Lieutenant-Governor of British Columbia Awards in Architecture (both medal and merit); The AIBC Innovation Award; The AIBC Special Jury Award; and The AIBC Emerging Firm Award. While honours are given in these distinct award categories, there is one common element: Excellence.
Winners are celebrated at the Architectural Awards Reception, which will be held during the AIBC Annual Conference, and featured in architectureBC.
Key dates for this year’s program are as follows:
- Call for Awards Submissions: January 18, 2016
- Call for Awards Jurors: January 18, 2016
- Deadline for Awards Jurors: February 29, 2016
- Deadline for Awards Submissions: February 29, 2016
- Awards Jurors Announced: March 24, 2016
- Awards Adjudication: April 2, 2016
- Awards Winners Reception: May 18, 2016
For detailed information including award criteria and submission requirements, and to make your submission, please visit the AIBC Architectural Awards website.