Further to the September 15, 2017 President’s Message and taking into consideration feedback shared by members, AIBC Council has recently approved the reactivation of a Nominations Review Committee. Per the Terms of Reference (PDF), the Institute is seeking a Member-at-large to serve on the newly re-formed Nominations Review Committee (the Committee). The Committee composition includes current elected and appointed council members and the immediate past president council liaison.
Working independently of council, the mandate of the Committee is to support council in its responsibility to plan for the succession and diversity of the council, and to ensure that council members have the appropriate competencies for fulfilling their roles (council policy 2.2.10). The purpose of the Committee is to fairly and objectively seek, evaluate and assess qualified Architect AIBC candidates for election to the AIBC Council.
This role provides the opportunity to contribute to a nominations review process that is open and transparent, ensures a democratic process, and supports diversity. By supporting succession planning for council members and ensuring required skills and expertise, the Committee will directly support the AIBC’s strategic goal of institutional excellence now and in the future.
The qualification and experience criteria for appointments to the committee include:
- Registration as an Architect AIBC in good standing;
- Appreciation of and commitment to the AIBC’s core regulatory mandate;
- Demonstrated commitment to professional ethics, transparency, and fairness;
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality; and
- Ability to work collaboratively.
Note: Given the committee’s mandate, including its recruitment and assessment obligations, no architect member of the committee is eligible to run for council election in the year the member serves. All architect committee members will be required to sign an undertaking confirming this understanding and commitment.
The time commitment and benefits of appointment to this committee include:
- One year term, renewable;
- Meeting schedule and time commitment is yet to be determined, with expectation of an increased workload during the council nomination and election period (January – April);
- Meetings will take place at the AIBC, with catering and parking provided. Remote attendance electronically or by teleconference is an option; and
- Committee members are eligible for non-core learning units for their service.
This committee’s terms of reference can be found on the AIBC’s website, under Boards and Committees.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a written Expression of Interest outlining their interest in the committee and how they meet the criteria, to Jaidin Wale, Human Resources Specialist, at: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 12:00 p.m., Wednesday, December 13, 2017.