The AIBC supports more than 20 operational boards, committees and panels, which are charged with carrying out various functions on behalf of the Institute and council (see Governance Chart (PDF)). Through these bodies, the AIBC benefits from the efforts of many volunteers. Their contributions support the day-to-day work of the AIBC and enable the Institute to provide a greater scope of services and programs.
A Code of Conduct provides guidance to all elected and appointed individuals who assist the AIBC with its internal and external governance and regulation mandate.
Please review the Guidelines and Procedures for Council Committees, Task Forces and Working Groups (PDF) for a detailed explanation of roles, responsibilities and reporting mechanisms in addition to a number of administrative resources.
Council Committees, Task Forces and Working Groups
- Finance Committee (PDF)
- Governance Committee (PDF)
- HR Committee (PDF)
- Nominations Review Committee (PDF)
- Public Outreach Committee (PDF)
Operational Boards, Committees and Panels
Professional Conduct and Illegal Practice
- Bylaw Review Committee* (PDF)
- Consensual Resolution Review Panel* (PDF)
- Investigations Committee (PDF)
- Motions Review Committee* (PDF)
- Professional Liability Insurance (PLI) Working Group (PDF)
- Remedial Review Panel (PDF)
- Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct Focus Group (PDF)
- Annual Conference Professional Development Committee (PDF)
- Architect Selection and Collaboration Committee (PDF)
- Building Envelope Committee (PDF)
- Certified Professional Program Specialist Designation Working Group (PDF)
- Design Panel Committee (PDF)
- Post-Disaster Response Committee (PDF)
- Regulatory Coordination Committee (PDF)
Registration and Licensing
- Architectural Technologist Admissions Committee (PDF)
- Experience Review Committee (PDF)
- Intern Architect Committee (PDF)
- Qualifications Committee (PDF)
- Registration Board* (PDF)
- Registration Review Panel* (PDF)
*These committees report to council; the committee membership may include a council member liaison, members at large, and staff. The committees are coordinated by department staff.