Prince George City Council recently approved the City of Prince George Building Bylaw No. 8922, 2018.
- Came into full effect on January 23, 2018.
- Increased the climatic data for ground-snow load to 4.3kPa (90psf); it now matches that required by the Regional District of Fraser Fort-George.
- Grace period for engineered truss designs dated prior to January 23, 2018 will be accepted with building permit applications until April 13, 2018.
- Clarified language to current legal standards.
- Clarified requirements for submission requirements for building and plumbing permit applications.
- Clarified requirements for required inspections and inspections where engineers or architects are involved.
- Increased enforcement language and penalties for non-compliance.
Please contact John Bennett if you have any questions or comments regarding the new building bylaw at firstname.lastname@example.org.