Council election results were announced at the 100th AIBC Annual Meeting, held in Vancouver on Monday, May 6, 2019.
There were six nominees put forward for five positions on the 2019/20 AIBC Council. The following are the names of the nominees, listed in alphabetical order by last name. The number in parenthesis is the number of votes they received. 531 eligible registrants voted.
- Sama Abri Architect AIBC (295 votes)
- Robert Chester Architect AIBC (131 votes)
- Sara Kasaei Architect AIBC (399 votes)
- Catherine Nickerson Architect AIBC (467 votes)
- Sean Rodrigues Architect AIBC (451 votes)
- John W. Scott Architect AIBC (453 votes)
2019/20 AIBC Council and Invited Liaisons
Newly Elected AIBC Councilors:
- Sama Abri Architect AIBC
- Sara Kasaei Architect AIBC
- Catherine Nickerson Architect AIBC
- Sean Rodrigues Architect AIBC
- John W. Scott Architect AIBC
AIBC Councilors completing their second year:
- Danica Djurkovic Architect AIBC (and Immediate Past President)
- Michelle Fenton Architect AIBC
- Marguerite Laquinte Francis Architect AIBC
- Ian McDonald Architect AIBC
- Stuart Rothnie Architect AIBC
Lieutenant Governor Appointees to AIBC Council:
- Barbara Ann Brink
- Ross Rettie, P.Eng.
- Michelle Rupp
UBC SALA Appointee to AIBC Council:
- John Bass
AIBC Council Liaisons (non-voting):
- Retired Architect Liaison: James Hancock Retired Architect AIBC
- Intern Architect Liaison: Heba Maleki Intern Architect AIBC
In years past, the first meeting of AIBC Council occurred immediately following the Annual Meeting. For 2019, the first meeting will be held on May 14. The new AIBC Council will elect the officers, including the President, Vice-President and Treasurer, and will appoint the Registrar at this meeting. Registrants will be notified via Notice on May 15, 2019.
For more information about AIBC Council election, including composition and term of office, please visit the AIBC Council Election webpage.