Shape the profession. Advance professional regulation. Join AIBC Council today!
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2020/21 AIBC Council. This is your opportunity to help shape the work of the AIBC and further its public-interest mandate. Council’s leadership plays a critical role in the governance of the Institute and helps ensure the organization continues to operate as an effective and efficient professional regulatory body.
The Candidate Information Package includes call for nomination submission requirements and instructions, candidate eligibility and competencies, as well as all relevant forms. Completed submissions must be received by the AIBC before 4 p.m. on March 6, 2020.
The council nomination process is governed by the Architects Act, AIBC Bylaws (PDF), and Council Rules 4: Electronic Voting and Council Elections (PDF).
Role of the Council Recruitment Task Force and the Nominations Review Committee
The Council Recruitment Task Force was formed in fall 2019 to ensure autonomy of the candidate recruitment and evaluation processes. The task of recruiting council candidates has been transferred from the Nominations Review Committee to the new Council Recruitment Task Force. The mandate of the Council Recruitment Task Force is to broadly promote and encourage the opportunity to sit on council to Architects AIBC, and to actively seek and recruit candidates to participate in the council election process.
The role of the Nominations Review Committee is to evaluate candidates to determine if they meet the recruitment criteria of council. If the candidate meets these criteria, they will be identified as “endorsed”. Attendance at a Governance Session, offered through the AIBC Governance Lunch and Learn series, is mandatory for council candidates to be eligible for endorsement.
The ultimate decision on who is elected to council rests with AIBC’s voting members and honorary members.
2020 Key Dates
- December 10: Call for Council Member Nominations opens.
- January 23, February 25: Governance Sessions.
- March 6 (4 p.m.): Call for Council Member Nominations closes.
- March 11, March 16: Candidate interviews with Nominations Review Committee.
- March 24: Names of all candidates announced; candidate statement forms posted online. Candidates endorsed by the Nominations Review Committee will be noted accordingly.
- April 13 to May 4 (12 p.m.): Council election e-voting period.
- May 4: Election results announced at the 2020 Annual Meeting.