Shape the profession. Advance professional regulation. Join AIBC Council today!
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2021/22 AIBC Council. The deadline to submit an application is March 18 – this is your opportunity to help shape the work of the AIBC and further its public protection mandate. Council’s leadership plays a critical role in the governance of the Institute and helps ensure the organization continues to operate as an effective and efficient professional regulatory body.
2021 Council Election Package
The Candidate Information Package (PDF) is now available. The package includes the call for nomination submission requirements and instructions, candidate eligibility and competencies, as well as all relevant forms. Completed submissions must be received by the AIBC before 4 p.m. on March 18, 2021.
AIBC Governance Sessions
Attendance at an AIBC Governance Session is mandatory for all council candidates to be eligible for endorsement by the Nominations Review Committee, including councillors seeking re-election. A live online session will be hosted on February 24, 2021 from 12 to 2 p.m. If you are unable to attend the live session, there will be an opportunity to view the recording on March 8 and participate in a live Q&A immediately after.
2021 Key Dates
- January 12: Call for Council Member Nominations opens
- February 24: Online AIBC Governance Session
- March 18: Call for Council Member Nominations closes at 4 p.m.
- March 30–31: Candidate interviews with the Nominations Review Committee
- April 1: The names of all candidates are announced
- April 27 to May 25: Council election e-voting period
- May 25: Election results announced at the 2021 Annual Meeting