The 97th AIBC annual meeting was held prior to the May 16, 2016 council meeting. During the annual meeting, the 2016/2017 AIBC Council was announced. Following the annual meeting, the council met and dealt with the following items:
2016/2017 AIBC Council and Invited Guests to Council
• One of the first orders of council business was to fill the four officer positions and invited guests to council.
• The following is a list of this year’s council, including elected members, officers, Lieutenant Governor and UBC SALA appointees, and invited guests to council. A comprehensive listing as well as council contact information is posted on the AIBC website.
• Darryl J. Condon Architect AIBC (President)
• Danica Djurkovic Architect AIBC (Vice president)
• Karl W. Gustavson Architect AIBC (Treasurer)
• David Dove Architect AIBC
• Sylvie Gagnon Architect AIBC
• Mona Lovgreen Architect AIBC
• Ian R. McDonald Architect AIBC
• Catherine Nickerson Architect AIBC
• Sean Ruthen Architect AIBC
• David N.M. Yustin Architect AIBC
Lieutenant Governor Appointees
• S. Ross Rettie, P.Eng
• Michelle Rupp
UBC SALA Appointee
• John Bass
• Joan Hendriks Architect AIBC
Invited Guests to Council (non-voting)
• Scott Kemp Architect AIBC (Immediate past president)
• Sara Kasaei Intern Architect AIBC (Intern Architect Liaison)
• Jordan van Dijk Architectural Technologist AIBC (Architectural Technologist Liaison)
*The registrar, a non-voting officer position on council, can be held by a council member or an AIBC staff member provided they are an Architect AIBC. For a second year, AIBC Director of Registration and Licensing, Joan Hendriks Architect AIBC, was appointed to the position.
AIBC Council President Opening Remarks
• The 2016/2017 AIBC Council president Darryl J. Condon Architect AIBC thanked the council for their endorsement of his second term as president. He indicated that he was pleased with last year’s performance and looked forward to furthering council initiatives in the coming year.
• Following the president’s remarks, appointments were made to the Registration Board, and council standing committees, the Governance Committee, Finance Committee, and Human Resources Committee.
• Two council (non-standing) committees were also populated: Act Review Working Group and Public Outreach Committee.
The council meeting adjourned at 5:50 p.m., followed by the 2016 Annual Conference Opening Reception.
The next official meeting of AIBC Council is scheduled for July 12, 2016. It will be held at the AIBC offices between 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. Members, associates and the public are welcome to attend. Please confirm your attendance in advance by contacting Executive Coordinator Tracy Tough by e-mail (email@example.com).