The 2020 course schedule is now available for viewing and registration on the AIBC website. Please note that registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
In 2017, the AIBC began an extensive review of course offerings to ensure that entry-to-practice competencies for registration were being met by the curriculum. In October 2018, four redesigned courses were developed and introduced. The 2019 transition period has now concluded.
As of as January 2020, the minimum number of required courses is four, with all courses deemed mandatory. If you have any questions regarding your course completion status, please email email@example.com.
Important | Course Policy Changes
The AIBC has updated its course policies. Please ensure you carefully review the below to avoid incurring any penalties or fees:
Cancellations / Reschedule
- No refunds will be issued for a withdrawal within 30 days of the course date.
- If a request is received to withdraw from a course more than 30 days before the course date, refunds will be subject to a $60 administration fee plus applicable taxes.
- Transferring between courses or individuals is not permitted.
- Full refunds (i.e., not subject to an administrative fee) will be issued only in case of emergencies, at the AIBC’s entire discretion. An emergency refund form may be required to be completed.
- If the AIBC cancels a course, full refunds will be issued. If the AIBC reschedules a course, course participants will be rescheduled for the new date. Those who cannot attend the new date will be issued full refunds.
- Course participants are expected to be punctual and must attend the full course day of every course for completion of the intern architect/BEA program. Attendance is seen as integral to the participant success and will be monitored.
- Attendance will be marked as incomplete in the following circumstances:
- Arriving more than 30 minutes late without reasonable justification (e.g., unavoidable late plane/ferry arrival); and
- Leaving early without reasonable justification.
- In the event of an unexcused late arrival or early departure, the participant may be required to make up the full course at the participant’s expense.
- Learning units will be adjusted to reflect the actual hours attended for course participants not enrolled in the intern architect/BEA program.
All decisions related to emergency refunds and incomplete course attendance in will be made by the AIBC’s Manager of Professional Services.
The AIBC has completed a thorough environmental scan of external programs, courses and events which may qualify for equivalency for AIBC courses. Learn more about which courses qualify for equivalency on the AIBC website by expanding the respective course.
Register now for 2020 AIBC Courses (select “2020” from the dropdown menu)
Registration questions can be directed to the professional services department at firstname.lastname@example.org.