As previously announced, the AIBC is adapting all four of the mandatory courses to an online and on-demand platform. We are delighted to share that the online course project is entering one of the last phases of production and development: filming!
We are now seeking a diverse group of Intern Architects AIBC and Broadly Experienced Applicants (BEA) to participate in the filming of “Vox Pop” scenes for the following courses: Architect and the Law; Ethics, Act and Bylaws; and Construction Administration.
What is a “Vox Pop”?
A “Vox Pop” is typically a short interview conducted with members of the public (the Latin phrase vox populi literally means “voice of the people”). Certain sections of the online courses will include a series of recorded interviews, which will capture answers from individuals in the Internship in Architecture and Alternative Qualifications Programs. These Vox Pop scenes are intended to simulate the engagement of an in-person learning environment and will be focused on questions similar to those asked during the in-person courses.
This is your opportunity to get involved with your professional regulator, provide input, and contribute to the future of AIBC online courses. A $300 credit will also be applied to each selected participants’ AIBC account. This credit can be used towards any AIBC invoice, such as fees and event registrations.
Filming Details and Participant Requirements
To participate in the AIBC Courses Vox Pop, you must be:
- An Intern Architect AIBC or Broadly Experienced Applicant (BEA)
- Comfortable being on camera
- Available on September 7 and 8, 2021 for:
- September 7 (morning): Virtual two-hour kick-off meeting.
- September 8: Filming of Vox Pop scenes at the AIBC offices (approx. four hours). All necessary COVID-19 protocols will be in place.
If you are interested in participating, please share your contact details and information by completing the AIBC Vox Pop Recruitment Survey by Wednesday, August 25, 2021. All selected participants will be asked to sign a consent form granting the AIBC rights and ownership to use the Vox Pop interviews for the purpose of the online course project.
The AIBC would like to have a broad range of interview responses be in included in the Vox Pop scenes, and as such participants will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Number of years within the internship or alternative qualifications programs;
- Previous AIBC courses taken;
- Firm size of current employer;
- Approximate CERB hours;
- Experience with construction administration;
- Years of working experience in BC; and,
- Location of graduating school.
Have a Question?
If you have any questions about the AIBC Vox Pop interview opportunity, please reach out to email@example.com.